...and still counting...

write me a message on my post-it

Wednesday 4 April 2007

Go fly kite....part 2

Then it was followed with more trial-and-error sessions at Sally's house.After a hectic last minute(as usual)schedule in which I ignored my appt in the process,plus a terrible in-the-line-of-duty cut on my left thumb all the way down to my wrist which is now scarring me for life,we did quite a good job,a heartfelt gratitude to Sally,Ros,June for their help and not forgetting Nor,who rushed down rite after her work.The Malay teachers have to learn to do the 'wau', a traditional kite, originating from the coastal KELANTAN,eastern Malaysia. The Chinese teachers have to learn the art of making a 'dragonfly' kite,in which I'm most proud to say, designed the bamboo structure on my own. They were also given a step-by-step manual,again,ehem,designed and illustrated by myself,right down to a detailed drawn to scale specification.The team of Chinese teachers impressed me the most with their willing-to-learn attitude,despite the fact that some of them are somewhat 'veterans'in this area.They finished their kites happily in the 2hrs session which started at 3pm.As for the Malay teachers,they only managed to construct the base bamboo structure of the 'wau'.As far as my designs are concerned,I hv timed the construction of both types of kites individually and both could be achieved within the 2 hour slot. But then again,...where enthusiasm is concerned...hhm....rather disappointing...u go figure.....

But,..all in all,..proud to be able to impart my skills to everyone else,learning new ones along the way..and it was a good,handsome experience,..despite the fatigue and ...err...'hiccups'...guess what - still carried on with my Tuition after that at around 6pm...now THAT..is super..superfly..

till another post,
stay tuned..
*wink*

No comments:

Know your past...