...and still counting...

write me a message on my post-it

Saturday 15 September 2007

Pointing the finger..




I have not been updating the blog,..yes, I know...it's starting to collect dust ..but then again,..the latest thing that happened to me is....
well..I accidentally sliced off a good part of my left index tip,just to the right of the nail....with what?..a PENKNIFE....trying to do what?....trying to exact off the corners of an artwork with one good precision cut...but the ruler that I leaned against the blade began to slide on the rather slippery paper. I didn't manage to stop my right hand from knifing with one strong stroke...so off goes a good chunk of my flesh...and I bled profusely. I bled so much (non-stop) that I had to go to the A&E. Brought along the piece of flesh in the hope that they could stitch it back...but due to the time it took for me to decide to go to hsptl,the tissue was already dead. So,they said that all they could do was to reconstruct it with grafting to promote tissue re-growth.The worst part?I gotta go there every 2 days for them to change the dressing(in which the wound is still bleeding underneath the layers of netting and bandage) and for them to monitor the tissue growth. So, I am now learning to do stuff with one finger less....sounds odd...but there are times when I felt rather difficult going about doing chores,especially cleaning myself. Also,it made me realise that we do need every limb that God had created for us as each of them REALLY does serve a purpose.It's a long road to recovery but I can't wait to point the finger again!...hehe

oh yes....I hope this is my excuse for not updating that often...typing this alone is killing me....had to narrow down my energy to just 2 fingers....Argh!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its been quite a while I didnt check out ur blog or talk to u either....was so shocked to read this entry!! soo pitiful...! how are you now?? When does it happened?

(Shi - CCK)

Know your past...