...and still counting...

write me a message on my post-it

Sunday 28 January 2007

Memori Muharam ( part 4 )

...continued from part 3...
I uttered my destination to him in between my teeth,shivering with cold.I also apologised to him for wetting the seat with my drenched self.As he drove,he noticed my uncontrollable sobs and asked me bluntly if there was a family death. I thanked him for his understanding and he drove me quickly but safely.May he be blessed because he did not want to take the fare from me and that he wanted to do a sedekah.
Back home,tears and cries from tired faces greeted me from the staircase.I surprised everyone when I showed up in a drenched state but no more tears.No more tears. How come?..I don't really know.Took a step of faith and courage and went up to face my motionless Gran on her bed.I looked at her peaceful sleeping face and whispered:'Innalillahi wainnalillahi raji'uun'(From God we came and to God we return)
My cousins rushed in one by one,in their school uniforms,crying.I looked around.Where's Lela?

No comments:

Know your past...