...and still counting...

write me a message on my post-it

Sunday 28 January 2007

Memori Muharam ( part 5 and the finale )

...continued from part 4...(PLEASE!! don't be lazy. Read my previous posts...)
I went out,without changing my outfit,to her primary school to fetch her home. At home,during the funeral rites,I refused to talk to anyone. Some relatives noticed the change in me and one of my uncles tried to console me and said that he knew I was holding back and he asked me to let go of my grief..Told him I couldn't cry anymore although I knew she meant the world to me.I don't really know why.I grieve for her but maybe I just don't wanna lose it there in front of the family. When it was time to go to the cemetery,I completely blacked out due to a very high fever,which came on sooo suddenly.My uncle stayed behind to bring me to the doc.At night,my relatives bunked in.Some of us,including me,decided to sleep in the room where she died.But as the nite grew,I noticed that they scampered out one by one to sleep in the living room,leaving me all alone.Were they scared?I don't know.I just knew that I shouldn't be afraid of the shadows of my loved ones. In the morning,while they were busy talking among themselves about strange 'noises' that they heard thru the nite,I was thinking of how to cope with the fact that she is no more with me.
Meeha bte Asmawee.
Years have passed.But forgotten,she will not be.For she , and all my loved ones who have gone, will always be mentioned in my prayers,for as long as I live.
Al-Fatehah.....

No comments:

Know your past...