...and still counting...

write me a message on my post-it

Sunday 28 January 2007

Memori Muharam ( part 2 )

..continued from part 1...
I remember one devilish lady that barred me from entering her house.I could not go beyond her red concrete stairs.I swore that I would not be insulted in my life and neither will my Gran.I swore to be a successful person not in money-material,but as a successful thinker.I would put these people to shame.
Despite that,she always advised me to endure hardship and said that there's always sunshine after rain.I continued helping my Gran in her work.I would sell kueh that she made.I would pound chillies with the ancient batu giling in a terkangkang pose.Hard work,but as long as she's beside me,we found solace in each other.She taught me how to pray for the first time,alongside her,in our boyan-telekung that she sewed herself.It had sleeves to put yr arms in for easier Takbiratul-Ihram.She introduced me to self-sufficiency,appreciating every little thing,every morsel that were granted to us.She made me love kuah-celok,cencaru sumbat and more Boyan goodies.She taught me the Boyan (Bawean) language,in which I practice till now,to anyone who knew the unique accent.She sent me to madrasah and nursed me to health whenever I was gravely ill.She would protect me from anyone who despises my Madras heritage. She could protect me from lustful eyes of the kampung boysShe would protect me if anyone ,including my mom,tried to lay a finger on me.I was her darling,and for that I was loathed by some..She would ensure my wellbeing.In return,I always told her how I'm gonna grow up,excel in studies,get a good job,and shower her with luxurious necessities and make sure she'll be served.And everytime when I said that, she would just crack a smile that spelled "insya Allah..."
But alas...I couldn't predict the future.

No comments:

Know your past...