...and still counting...

write me a message on my post-it

Thursday 14 December 2006

The Lost December (Part 2)

...(continued from the previous post)..This particular moan greeted me everyday like the sunrise. So did my cooking request.Gotta have food on the table everyday.Not that I dont coook.(Did I mention I was a great cook?..hehe)But food availability is like 24/7!Breakfast,lunch,dinner PLUS teabreak snacks,and dessert(homemade,I tell ya!)When I questioned " ..Dik, jgn makan banyak2...macam mana nak kurus?"...will only be answered with a melodious'..sape suruh mama masak sedap-sedap?"..(ini cakap masjid punya tau..ini budak2 memang layarburuk..apa kena-mengena dgn layarburuk,pun tak tau...)Complain or compliment? Good cook or bad dietician?Nak marah ke nak besar hati? U decide..And then there were the sibling wrestlings..*headache* macam 'Celebrity Death Match'..There are times when we love them to be around the house during the holidays but SOMEtimes,they make me go bonkers!However,there was a time when Ira n her sis(God bless them) cooked for the family when I was ill.YES.Stove-cooking.Nothing beats that blissful feeling in my heart when all the things you taught were applied into good use -and- in times of need.(Luv u ,girls!)

Initially, I thot NOTHING superb happened this month..but what I said above actually IS THE ESSENCE of it all!..Sending my in-laws for their chkup made me think of how fragile we could get in our greying years, I learned how to care for chronic illnesses, and appreciate their existence. The quality time I spent with the kids could very well be the envy of some working mothers.Being ill made me witness the culinary skills hidden under my girls.Tutoring them myself proved 2 be blessful when they came back with fruitful results.It dawned on me on how true the saying in the OST of HIKMAH that went : "..aku percaya, tiada yang sia-sia...semua 'kan ada hikmahnya.."...and for all that, sesungguhnya aku bersyukur..

No comments:

Know your past...